Monday 18 February 2013

What my weekends consist of...

I tried, and failed, to upload this last night, so please pretend that you are reading this yesterday...

I'm writing this on a long journey back from seeing my family and friends up north, and feeling a bit lonely and sorry for myself to be honest! But then I have always hated goodbyes and going back to my mundane life after weekend or holiday funs. I think the only time I haven't was at the end of my travels. I was completely ready to go home and see my family and friends, who I'd missed massively.

For some reason all of my favourite people seem to live so flippin far away from me! And it doesn't help that I live in an area of the country where the roads in and out are rubbish (barely even any dual carriageways, let alone motorways) and where the only trainline goes to London. So to go north (which is where my bro and sis and live), I first have to go south. Absolute nonsense. And, of course, I have to sell and arm and both legs in order to afford such a journey, unless I know what my plans are three months in advance. Where is the incentive in being green and using public transport?! It's at times like these when I really miss my little red ...

Anyway, enough of the ranting, I had a FABULOUS weekend. I got to see and snuggle with Sally Sausage (my 3 month old niece, who just so happens to be the most beautiful and perfect little girl who ever graced this earth) on Friday night and Saturday.


I had a good old mooch and a bit of a shop in Leeds and then chilled out with my bro and Boba on sat night & today at my brother's swanky place in Leeds. I've decided that Leeds is defo one of my favourite cities. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is that I love, but I just know that it is somewhere I could happily live. And if I did, I would defo live in Granary Wharf, which is where my brother's flat is. He lives in Candle House which is right near the train station and has a beaut rooftop terrace which overlooks the whole of Leeds. We spent a bit of time up there yesterday and I made myself comfy on a hammock. If I closed my eyes and pretended the temperature was about 20 degrees hotter I was transported back to SE Asia or Indonesia ... aaaah.


Apart from a few episodes of Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch - swoon - who'd have thought?!), church this morning and a delish steak dinner, that just about sums up my weekend. I feel as though I've blinked and I'm back on the long lonely journey home.

Back to work tomorrow and counting down to next weekend when I'll be making more train journeys (and probably more ranting blog posts :-/) to see some more of my faves (and going to an LDS UV party.) Heck. Yes. 4. More. Days. Can't come quick enough. I feel as though my life consists of weekends and counting down to the next weekend. How I miss my pre-travelling social life.

Anyway, gotta go and change trains. Actually, I have to get off this train and wait a whole 45 mins for the next one. The joy of living in farmer country. Ugh. Laters peeps, I'll try and make my next one more interesting and less self-pitying and whiny!

Rella xoxo

The view from my bro's rooftop terrace...


No comments:

Post a Comment